Thursday, November 28, 2013

ALO audio "The Continental v3" with Astell and Kern AK100


29/Nov/2013 Update: I had acquired a new ALO audio "The Continental v3" tube hybrid amplifier and currently am tagging the AK100 along with it. Reviews would come in the (not too distant) future.

As seen from above, the current setup consists of the following in order - Astell & Kern AK100, ALO audio SXC-18 mini - mini interconnect - ALO audio "The Continental v3" Portable Hybrid Tube Amplifier.

In case if any of you are wondering how I stick the two unit together so nicely, it was done with the help of 3M Command Velcro :) really handy stuff..

To be able to properly evaluate, I need to first replace my aged UE Triple.Fi 10 IEM and let the amplifier break-in (not to mention the new Roxannes need to break in as well.)

Battery life of the Continental v3 seems to be between 7 - 8.5 hours, depending on the load. The amplifier gets quite hot during use but the heat will not be sufficient to cause burns although keeping the amplifier in your bag or pocket may trap the heat and in turn shorten the lifespan of the unit (not to mention being uncomfortable if it is in your pocket).

As of current moment, the connection port for my UE Triple.Fi 10 is already worn beyond salvation and I am still (patiently?) awaiting the arrival of my JHaudio Roxanne CIEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment